Saturday, September 26, 2009

...would it be delicious?

I like movies. Also, I like Cold Stone. Given the intense enjoyment I derive from these two things, it's only natural that I would seek to understand one through the other.

Before we go any further, let's establish that Cold Stone is amazing. So many flavors, so many mix-ins...packing so many calories into such a small cup is simply awe-inspiring. But with thousands of possible combinations, it's impossible to expect that all will be tasty. Some mix-ins don't play well together, some flavors are temperamental. Some creations are doomed from the start. Movies are no different. All the elements have to work together, or all you'll get is an unappetizing mess.

For each movie I post, I'll provide a brief review along with my Cold Stone ruling. The movies I review will be whatever I feel compelled to see (I'm no Miss Moneypants and I can't see everything, so expect an edited selection). I'll post DVD picks as well, making my way through old favorites and my Netflix queue. Stay tuned for my Summer Movie Roundup, including Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, The Hurt Locker, Moon, Public Enemies and more. But first, the movie that started it all: Judd Apatow's Funny People is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment